Saturday, July 12, 2008

why, why, why...

Being the first girl out of 4 boys my mom loved doing my hair. It was long & a very pretty red
she always had it looking cute...

until one day when I was 3, my mom came home to find a knife and a tub full of red hair. While she was gone, I got a knife, got in the tub, and cut my own hair. It was not a good choice, it looked horrible. There was nothing the beautician could do to fix it. I wish I had pictures but I wasn't allowed to get in a picture, I wasn't allowed to leave the house until if grew back...

It never grew back, it was never long, never that pretty red, or beautiful ever again. So you would think I would have learned from that BIG MISTAKE....
FAST FORWARD 32 Years...
Instead of a knife I grabbed my scissors and cut me some bangs that I have been growing out for a very long time. They were bugging me, I needed a new look, and didn't want to wait one more minute. So I cut them my very own self....

again I'm not allowed to take a picture or leave the house until they grow back. Scott is thinking it may take a year or so...
this is what my bangs look like....



Why,why, why, would I do such a thing?

8 comments:

Babbel Family said...

LOL- I know you have a picture of them! Now I am totally wanting to see them!

snsrose said...

no, there wont be a picture :(

Julie said...

I saw your husband at Costco today..minus you! Are you in hiding? I bet they look cute..I want to see!

Amanda said...

SO funny- at least now mom can't spank and yell at you! You forgot to post your pic! hurry and get your camera cuz I need to see this

Bret Bushman Family said...

Oh my heck...you just made my day, I laughed and laughed.

Lamb Family said...

oh my oh my. Where is a picture when you need one? This is cloud nine material. Suzanne, you BETTER show your face. Oh well we live by you anyway. This keeps getting better and better. And there's no professional beautician involved? You can do it, Suzanne. I'm sure it looks absolutely fabulous. Hey, by the way, I think I get my red hair from you and in that second picture...is that my dad? Oh great I haven't seen one of those pics...ever! Well, good luck!
~ADDIE~

Kristi said...

Too funny! You really MUST post a pic.! Your California trip looked awesome. It makes me want to go to the beach!

I was raised in a barn said...

LOL too funny!!