A Blast from the Past...
This picture was taken in 1979 with 9 kids, Liz was born in 1981. We lived in Delta, Utah on a Dairy farm for 10 years. (1973-1983). We had a BLAST!! When I was in the 4th grade my dad checked me out of school with a "Loaded Horse Trailer" full of all our belongings and headed to Alpine, Utah. (Here's a thought, can you imagine what the neighbors in Alpine must have been thinking when they saw all of us pile out of the suburban with a HORSE TRAILER!!) Anyway, I have not been back until yesterday!!
We drove right to the Dairy, pretty good considering I was 10 years old when I left.
Look at the kids they are totally freaking out...
I was shocked to still see cows getting milked just like they did when I was little.
I loved these cows!!
The front of our house...
Our Addition, AKA Dads, Bishop's Office...
The back yard, if you look real close you can see my doll as 3rd base!
I couldn't believe how close the cows were to the road, I can't believe we didn't have major accidents in our front yard.
And still the only shopping in town is the IFA
After the Sand Dunes we told the kids we would go get something to eat in Delta. They were starving and kept asking if we were almost to the restaurant. When we pulled up to the Dairy they freaked, when I made them get out of the car so they could see how the cows get milked, they freaked. When we got back in the car to find something to eat Max said he lost his appetite and just wants to go home. The only place in Delta to eat was McDonald's, so we drove on!! It was such a "trip" to go back to the past!!
We drove right to the Dairy, pretty good considering I was 10 years old when I left.
Look at the kids they are totally freaking out...
I was shocked to still see cows getting milked just like they did when I was little.
I loved these cows!!
The front of our house...
Our Addition, AKA Dads, Bishop's Office...
The back yard, if you look real close you can see my doll as 3rd base!
I couldn't believe how close the cows were to the road, I can't believe we didn't have major accidents in our front yard.
And still the only shopping in town is the IFA
After the Sand Dunes we told the kids we would go get something to eat in Delta. They were starving and kept asking if we were almost to the restaurant. When we pulled up to the Dairy they freaked, when I made them get out of the car so they could see how the cows get milked, they freaked. When we got back in the car to find something to eat Max said he lost his appetite and just wants to go home. The only place in Delta to eat was McDonald's, so we drove on!! It was such a "trip" to go back to the past!!


5 comments:
Oh my word, I am totally stealing some of those pitcures. That is so fun!
Wow! That is so cool! I love the kids faces! Sometimes I wish I could park my family on a farm or dairy and and just escape the hassle and bussle of this crazy world. i think mom and dad had it right. What a fun/crazy childhood we all had-mostly you guys ;)
Thanks Suzanne. I love it. That dairy is not for sale by chance. I am looking for a little chance of pace.
I forgot you lived in Delta. My dad was raised there. We would go all the time growing up to see my grandparents. I have so many fond memories of the sand dunes, playing in fields and swimming in ditches, picking asparagus, and much, much more. I really want to take my kids some day. Maybe this summer we can make the trip and stop and see you guys on the way! Thanks for sharing your blog!
Kristi
Ali has told us stories of your dairy...how the kids used to call you guys the smelly Lambs(that's just not nice)...I bet that was a neat thing to remember the past...
Post a Comment